Thursday, December 6, 2018

#12dayslearning Day 3 -- Pencils or Dry Erase Markers


Day 3 -- Would you rather have... Pencils that are always sharp or dry erase markers that always have ink?

This is a tough question, because usually in my classroom the students have the pencils, but I have the dry erase markers. So do I go with what is good for the kids or what is good for me? I'm going to be selfish and pick dry erase markers that always have ink. This works for the students as well because sometimes they do use them as well.

On an interesting side note, once an administrator purchased all the teachers in our school dry erase markers that were not the standard colors of red, blue, black, and green. These things were like gold, because most of the teachers burned through them very quickly, but I didn't allow my students to ever touch the other markers and it became a thing with them. They would literally beg to use the other markers when they were going to do something on the white board.

No comments:

Post a Comment