Monday, March 28, 2022

Kraemerlee Brewery, Gapyeong, Korea

Kraemerlee Brewing street view.
For my first blog about food and travel, I want to write about Kraemerlee Brewery in Gapyeong. It is located right across the street from the Kensington Resort, so very easy to find. From the ITX station, you can take bus 36-1 and you will drive right by it. We visited on a Sunday and we were both super glad we did. Due to Covid, they are currently running a simplified menu of fries and pizza, but the pizza did not disappoint. Seriously some of the best pizza I have had in Korea. Of course, the beer is the real star of the show at a brewery, so we will focus more on the drinking than on the eating.

Round One: I ordered the Imperial Stout and my girlfriend ordered the Oatmeal IPA. The Imperial Stout


was delicious with a notes of malt, chocolate, coffee, and roasted nuts. The roasted nut favor came at the back of the throat and was a pleasant surprise to me. I don't offered encounter a flavor combination with roasted nuts, but it complimented the other flavors very nicely. I'll give the Imperial Stout a 4.5 out of 5 for taste and smoothness. Very easy to drink, I could have downed a bunch of these.

Round Two: Cream Milk Stout and Sour Citrus. We mixed things up this time with my girlfriend ordering a stout and I got a sour. I have only recently gotten into sours and this one was fantastic. The balance of the sour was perfectly aligned with the citrus favor, so although it was sour, it wasn't overly sour. It didn't

Round 2: Milk Stout & Sour Citrus

make my lips pucker up, which I appreciated. Very strong notes of lemon and orange, but easy to drink for sure. Other sours that I have had are one pint only for me, but I felt I could drink a second or even third of this delicious blend. 4 out of 5 for taste and smoothness. So far we felt like Kraemerlee was pitching a perfect game for us. It is worth noting that our pizza came during round two and paired very nicely with the pepperoni pizza we had. 


No comments:

Post a Comment