Thursday, October 3, 2019

Constructive Feedback

This is a very timely post for me. Two weeks ago, a colleague gave me some feedback that initially really hurt to hear. But, upon further reflection, I realized that she was correct about her points and that I really needed to rethink how I approached the situation and what happened. After a few days of both feeling a little tense, we have been able to move passed the raw feelings and work together both knowing that the other person is willing to say hard truths. It is good to keep in mind that just because someone is telling you something that is difficult to hear, doesn't mean that person is your enemy. Likewise just because someone praises you, doesn't mean that person is your friend. It is super easy to forget those facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment