Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Podcasts, podcasts, podcasts

Updated 11/14/19
It finally happened... I've been converted into a podcast listener. I fought it for a long, long time, but after discussions with several people I admire -- I decided to give podcasts a try and now I'm hooked on them. So I want to thank some people who continued talking about podcasts and spiked my curiosity about trying them. Jenn Webb is really a big consumer of podcasts and kept mentioning them to me off and on while hanging out. Jenn is a very smart woman, so I was starting to think to myself, "I need to check out some podcasts." Then Tanya LeClair (@TanyaLeClair) started talking me about all the podcasts she listens to during a week and I thought, "Hmmmm... Tanya is also super smart. Now I need to start listening to podcasts for sure." So thank you to all of the people who shared their favorite podcasts with me or who continued talking about podcasts with me even when I was rolling my eyes at you.

Here are a list of the podcasts I have started listening to in the last month (in no particular order).

Coach Better Podcast -- Educational podcast by the Eduro Learning folks. Great stuff for coaches!
Be a Better Ally Podcast -- Tricia Friedman helps us understand how we can support our LGBTQ+ students and colleagues.
The Daily -- News from the New York Times.
Change the Narrative -- Michael Hernandez interviews educational thought leaders; some guests include Michael Torres {@michaeltorres_1} and Keri-Lee Beasley {@klbeasley}.
Reply All -- Analyzes the internet and how is it impacting our lives as humans.
Just Between Us -- This one is a guilty pleasure. Allison Raskin and Gabby Dunn are simply amazing to listen to as they explore life, love, and sexuality. Mature content.
Death, Sex, & Money -- Title says it all -- exploration of three of life's most challenging topics.
Stuff You Should Know -- Chuck Bryant and Josh Clark explain how a variety of objects work.
Note to Self -- Another podcast that looks at the internet and technology and how we can manage them.
Criminal -- Another one in my guilty pleasures list; I've been a big fan of true crime TV shows and his podcast is amazing. Each episode looks at a real-life crime and how the victims and perpetrators handled the fall out of the event.
TED Talks Daily -- If you aren't familiar with TED Talks by now, you have probably been living under a rock. Incredible experts from a wide range of specialities share a window to their passions.
Should This Exist -- Inventors and scientists share their inventions or discoveries and the host put the question to them, "Should this exist?" The possible dark side those inventions and discoveries are explored.
The Art of Manliness -- Comes a masculinity from some quite surprising directions and the topics cover a very wide variety of subjects. Another guilty pleasure, but recommended.
The Last Podcast on the Left -- Three comedians basically go crazy on the air. To call this podcast weird is an understatement for sure. Mature content.

No comments:

Post a Comment